The Solar Electricity Handbook is a simple, practical guide to using electric solar panels and designing and installing photovoltaic PV systems.
Significantly updated for 2011, the latest edition assumes no previous knowledge of solar electric systems. The book explains how solar panels work and how they can be used. It explains the advantages of solar energy and the drawbacks that you need to take into account when designing a solar power system. As well as explaining the underlying principles, it provides a step-by-step guide so that you can successfully design and install a photovoltaic solar system from scratch.
Accompanying the book is one of the most comprehensive solar resource websites in the world. It contains powerful online tools such as the Solar Project Analysis toolkit, which provides a full feasibility and cost document for your project; Solar Irradiance Tables and Solar Angle Calculators for every major town and city in every country in the world; lists of suppliers and a Contact the Author form if you have any questions about your specific project.
Why buy the Solar Electricity Handbook?
- The Handbook is a simple, practical guide to using electric photovoltaic panels.
- The book is suitable for enthusiastic novices and building professionals.
- Clear examples, diagrams and example projects are given to demonstrate the true capabilities of these systems.
- The Handbook is updated yearly, providing an up-to-date reference for anyone planning to use solar power technology.
- It is the most comprehensive book on photovoltaic electric systems available today.
- It is backed up by the most powerful online calculator tools available, to make your design and calculations as straightforward as possible.
- The Handbook provides you with information that is relevant to you and your project, wherever you live in the world.